Last updated on September 16, 2020 | 8689 Views
Did you know as many as 2 billion people use FB messenger for chatting with one another?
Has your kid outgrown toy smartphones and is ready to enter the internet world? As a parent, you may probably know about Facebook – the most widely used social media application for people of all ages. While teens may opt for platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, and Tinder, Facebook stills remain the #1 choice for kids. At least, this is where their social media journey starts.
For those who are not familiar, Facebook Messenger is a messaging and video chat app that people use to connect with family and close friends. While it looks like a convenient option for instant conversations, anyone who uses Facebook can contact you here. As a result, it is normal for you to think if is FB messenger safe for kids or not?
If your child uses Facebook messenger or Messenger Kids, this blog post is the perfect place to know if they are secure there. Keep reading to learn more.
What is the Difference Between FB Messenger and FB Messenger Kids?
Facebook Messenger is an application that you can install in your phone in case you only want to use Facebook to message your FB friends or closely monitor the activities of various groups. Messenger Kids, on the other hand, is an application specially designed for kids under 13 who cannot use social platforms otherwise.
With Facebook Messenger Kids, parents sign up on their child’s behalf and can actually manage their kid’s Facebook themselves. But, is it really that safe as it appears to be? Well, once the parents install FB Messenger Kids to their child’s phone, they can do the following as per the claims of the application:
- Control the contact list
- Message and video chat with their kid using their own FB Messenger account
- Take care of new requested connections
- Set in-app time limits and log out their kid of the app whenever they want
Now, the setup is clearly looking like what a parental control app would offer. But is it enough to keep your kids safe from the dangers lurking in the world of Facebook? Let us see:
Potential Dangers for FB Messenger and Messenger Kids
If your kid has his/her own Facebook account and uses FB Messenger, here are the dangers that they can face:
- Since you cannot control who your kids talk with, there is a considerable risk of online crimes.
- Your kid can block you on Facebook and might not know that they are active on Facebook. Thus, you cannot keep an eye on them.
- Anybody can add your kid on FB Messenger and lure them by sweet-talking or using certain gifts.
- Since you cannot guard your kid 24/7, it is a perfect place for online predators and cyberbullies.
- You will never know if your kid is being harassed using Facebook.
- Even if you get your hands on your kids’ phone, you might not be able to read their Facebook messages. It is because they may have archived their chats or may have deleted them altogether.
Now, FB Messenger Kids seem like a perfect app for kids. But it, too, like the FB Messenger, comes packed with some potential dangers. They are:
- Although you need not worry about new connections, you can never ignore the old ones and existing friends. What if any of them engages in cyberbullying? Since your kid is already added with them, they can converse both in text chats and images/videos.
- Another thing that you need to worry about is the video call option. Yes, you may know who your kid is talking with. But there is no evidence of their talks. You will never know if they are sharing offensive content.
- Lastly, if you have not set time boundaries for the usage of this app, your kid can get addicted to it at such an early age.
What Can Be Done to Make FB Messenger Safe for Kids?
If you want to be 100% sure about the safety of your kids on FB Messenger, using a Facebook tracker app or a cell phone monitoring software can be your ideal choice. A FB Messenger monitoring application is a high-tech software that you will have to install to your kids’ phone to keep a check on it remotely and in a hidden mode.
Also, apart from Facebook tracking, a spy app offers numerous other functions that you can use for your kid’s safety. If you need the best Facebook tracker app, Spymaster Pro can be your best pick. Let us have a look at what this software is:
About Spymaster Pro
Spymaster Pro is a comprehensive online safety solution that can help you monitor your kids and loved ones. It is the best parental control app out there and can also be used as a cheating spouse tracker and an employee monitoring software.
Using it, you can readily make FB Messenger safe for kids. This spy app empowers families to monitor and read Facebook messages remotely. Also, you can monitor almost any other content of the target phone, filter websites, manage screen time, and do a lot more. Here is how it can help you with Facebook tracking:
How to Track FB Messenger Using Spymaster Pro?
Spymaster Pro is the most suitable Facebook tracker app for both Android and iOS. To read your kid’s Facebook messages using it, you need to follow these simple three steps:
Visit the Spymaster Pro official webpage and click on “Buy Now” to get the subscription you require. This can be iOS or Android.
After you purchase your Spymaster Pro Android subscription, you will receive an email. Use the download link in it to download the Spymaster Pro app on your kid’s Android phone, and install it using a five-minute installation process.
Alternatively, if your kid uses an iPhone, you will need the iOS subscription. And Spymaster Pro offers a no-installation and a no-jailbreak solution for iPhone. So, simply use their iCloud credentials to know about Facebook activities.
Lastly, log in to your device. Once you do so, just sit back and relax. All the FB Messenger activity of your kid will be visible on the Spymaster Pro dashboard, and you can quickly read FB messages remotely.
Spymaster Pro Features
Apart from FB messenger tracking, there are numerous other features that you get with Spymaster Pro. Some of the best ones are:
So, FB Messenger can put your kid’s safety to risk. But we have the perfect solution in the form of the best Facebook tracker app – Spymaster Pro to make it kid-friendly. Thus, with this cell phone monitoring software, you can rest assured about the safety of your kids and ensure that they get exposed to only what they should on the internet.