Last updated on March 19, 2020 | 6475 Views
COVID-19 is constantly in the news these days. Over the last few months, it has managed to spread almost all over the world. The disease is caused by the novel Coronavirus. Also, scientists are linking it to the family of viruses that cause SARS and the common cold.
Further, due to the widespread of this ailment, it is now a pandemic as per the WHO. However, this is not a sign that the Coronavirus outbreak has become deadlier. Instead, it is an acknowledgment of its geographical spread.
You can come across many myths and misinformation about the Coronavirus outbreak online. However, to keep yourself and your family safe from it, make sure not to be influenced by these. Here is everything you need to be mindful about:
Coronavirus Spread – How it happens?
The transmission occurs through direct contact with respiratory droplets of a Coronavirus patient. Further, this generally happens through sneezing and coughing. Also, if you come in contact with a contaminated surface, you can catch this virus. It is because it manages to survive for several hours on this. However, disinfecting these places can get rid of the germs of Coronavirus.
According to the WHO, the incubation of this disease is 2-14 days. It is basically the time period between the germs entry to your system and the appearance of visible symptoms. Thus, the indications may appear during this period. And you must always call your healthcare expert for medical advice if you feel that you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
A notable point here is that the symptoms of this ailment are quite similar to common cold or flu (influenza).
Tips to Protect Your Kids and Family from the Coronavirus Outbreak
As of now, there is no vaccine for COVID-19. Therefore, following all the safety measures related to it seems to be the best solution. If you follow these correctly, you can easily protect your loved ones from the Coronavirus outbreak. Here is a list of all the safe practices that you must follow:
- Stay home if you can.
- If you have to go out, avoid crowded places. Large gatherings are not commendable.
- Practice social distancing. You can do this by keeping a six feet distance from others whenever you go out in public.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Make sure to do this often and for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, you can use a hand sanitizer. Also, it must have at least 60% alcohol. Thus, keep hand sanitizers, and disinfectant wipes handy.
- Never touch your nose, eyes, or mouth with unwashed hands. Also, advise your kids for the same.
- If you are sick, isolating yourself is the best solution. And you must seek medical advice as soon as possible.
- Similarly, if you know someone with the symptoms, avoid close contact with them. Make sure that your family does the same.
- Practice proper cough etiquette. For this, you must always cover your mouth with a tissue while you sneeze or cough. Further, do not reuse this tissue and dispose of it properly.
- Make sure to keep the surrounding of your kids and family clean. You can disinfect the most used surfaces at your home. Some of these include doorknobs, light switches, smartphones, sinks, and countertops.
- If you feel that you are sick, you can wear a facemask. However, avoid doing so if you are healthy.
The Coronavirus outbreak is a global crisis. Preparation is the most suitable way to protect your kids and family. Therefore, make them aware of all the precautionary measures they must follow to prevent themselves from this pandemic. Make sure that they follow these well, and your family is sure to remain sound and healthy.